Are you looking to book a massage? Book via our website or get the Blys app to enjoy therapeutic, essential treatments delivered to your door.
We understand that there may be challenging times upon us. However, we don’t have to let self-isolation and quarantine be another pitfall! For a lot of people, situations such as these can be a blessing in disguise: we have a rare opportunity to focus exclusively on ourselves. With so much time on our hands, we should find ways to spend it productively and effectively.
Here are just some of the ways you can spend your self-isolation time.
- Use the time to catch up on CPE points.
- Take an anatomy refresher course.
- Watch massage related videos on new techniques you’ve been curious about.
- Take online CPE courses to get those done for the year. No scrambling at the last minute for you!
- Catch up on admin work.
- Work out your mileage (if you’re a mobile massage therapist).
- Make sure all of your client notes are complete and filed properly.
- Log your expenses.
- Practice mindfulness meditation.
- Meditation is great for stress, and lowering your stress is good for your immune system. You can find apps or videos online to guide you through and help you learn how to meditate.
- Watch some youtube videos to learn how to do facials; practice on yourself.
- Want to add a new way of up-selling your clients? Learn how to give facials and get better at those face massages. Remember Blys is adding facials soon, so you’ll have more earning opportunities with your new skill.
- Create some new sprays using your essential oils.
- Always wanted to learn more about Aromatherapy? This is a great time to experiment with those essential oils. Learn more about which scents help with what issues. Craft your own sprays to use with your clients. Learn more here: Aromatherapy 101.
- Practice self-care.
- Roll on your foam roller.
- Do some stretching.
- Use those heat packs or self massage tools to help release your muscles.
- Check out these self-care videos on our YouTube channel.
- Take time to reflect on goals accomplished and set new goals for this year.
- It’s important to acknowledge all that you’ve accomplished in your career. You’re a rock star! Now it’s time to set goals for the future. Where do you want your career to be in a year, in five?
- Practice some deep breathing.
- Breathing can help with many different kinds of stress. This is a good time to learn some deep breathing techniques.
- Catch up on your sleep!
- Getting enough sleep is an important part of staying healthy both mentally and physically.
Ready to kickstart your wellness journey?